A Bit Thrift...A Tad Splurge

Goodwill had these lamp bases for $1 each.  Too good to pass up.  I have had them for months now, trying to figure out what to do with them.  I finished my son's new nightstand and thought that one of these babies would look nice on top.  Here's what the thrift find looked like...
First, I gave it two coats of a chocolate brown paint.  Then, I applied two coats of white.  A little bit of sanding gave me the look that I was going for.

Once the $1 base was done, I was on the hunt for a shade.  Of course, I didn't want to spend a lot.  I looked and looked and looked some more, but just couldn't find anything that I liked.  Then, I ran into KMart one day for something else, and decided to peruse the lamp shade aisle.  This was the last shade of its kind there.  My son actually pointed it out, probably because it's blue, and anything blue is undoubtedly cool.  It was $14.99, much more than I wanted to spend, but I decided that paired with the $1 base, it was still less than I would have spent on a new lamp, so I did it...I splurged.  I really do like the way that it looks.


Linking up HERE!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! Great job hun! I have 2 big lamps that need new shades. I keep forgetting to measure them before I leave though, lol. I'm following you back now too!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS