A Very Grinchy Christmas Party

Let me tell you this...nothing makes me more nervous than planning a party for elementary school kids.  It is one of the scariest jobs.  A 7 year old has little to no filter and they are brutally honest.  I mean brutal.

That being said, I have been thinking about this Christmas party for my daughter's first grade class for two months now, and I have been sweatin' it!

The theme wasn't hard.  My BFF, Natalie from A Turtle's Life for Me is a veteran at these parties and she threw a Grinch themed party a few years back that was adorable.  I decided that I would give that a try.  I mean, who doesn't love the story of the Grinch? 

So, I set to work thinking about the afternoon's festivities. And, thank goodness for Pinterest, because I was all over that and it didn't disappoint.



The stations included

1. Pin the Heart on the Grinch

I did not get as elaborate as Natalie...she made a lifesize Grinch (laminated and all).  I ordered this poster on Amazon and glued it to cardboard.  :)






2. Grinch Bingo - made these bingo cards with Photoshop...love them. And the kids used M&Ms as markers.





3. Sum it Up with the Grinch - This, I found on Pinterest and just made copies.  The game is pretty simple.  Roll 2 dice and make an addition or subtraction equation with the numbers.



4. Pass the heart pillow (think hot potato) - I hooked up my iPod with Christmas songs - this is the station I thought they would have lots of fun at...the very first group, one of the boys said to me, "I don't like this game." Go figure!  These kids are THE toughest critics!

5. Craft - Make Max the dog's antlers - I got this craft from Oriental Trading.  I glued some of the pieces at home, because I knew that it would be a gluing nightmare otherwise.  And, it still was.  Some of the kids had trouble getting the still wet antlers into their backpacks.  Oh well... the best laid plans, right?




After all of the stations were done, the kids grabbed a snack.  Brownies, Grinch kabobs, goldfish and pretzels and I read them the book, How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  They listened very attentively. Some of them even thanked me!  :)






And, each of the kiddos took home a goodie bag, filled with a coloring page, candy cane and Grinch pills.  One of the boys said, "how did you know this was my favorite flavor of candy cane?" LOL, lucky guess!





My daughter was so happy that I was there she hugged me no less than 20 times and really, that is the best thank you I can imagine.  Merry Christmas!

Linking up!

Craft O Maniac

Monday Funday

1 comment:

WeFixIt Garage Door & Gate said...

WeFixIt Garage Doors is a family-owned and locally-operated garage door company that has served Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Greensboro since 2010. We pride ourselves on quality work and exceptional customer service. We love our neighborhood and we're so glad to be able to care for our community by helping with your garage doors (our passion)!



Address: 5722 Craig Road, Durham NC 27712

Phone: (919) 759-6080

business email: office@wefixitgd.com

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS