Mini-vaca to Ocean City, MD

So, about a month ago, my husband came home and said that he found a tremendous deal on a family resort in Ocean City, MD.  The deal was good til the end of March.  The Francis Scott Key Family Resort in OCMD...I hesitated, because I have never been a huge fan of the beach city (no offense to OC fans).  I am used to summers in the small beach town of Stone Harbor, NJ, where you are surrounded by cozy little beach cottages and sprawling mansions, where the few hotels are no more than five stories high.  There are a total of three roads that all top out at 25 mph and share obediently with a designated "bike lane."  So, for those of you that have been to OCMD, you can see why the hustle and bustle is foreign to me! 

All of this being said, I agreed to go on this mini-vaca because, after all, it's March and how crowded could a beach town be in March?  Turns out, more crowded than I thought...I digress.  The "resort" (I use the term loosely) advertised an indoor water park - more of an indoor pool with a slide and some fountains and the hotel walls were the thickness of paper.  Needless to say, I won't be recommending this place to anyone.  But, I don't want to be a downer...we did have a nice time and it was a change of scenery.  The kids loved the "water park" and indoor min-golf and the arcade.  I enjoyed seeing their enjoyment and also being in a different environment to snap photos.  Below are a few from the beach (a little breezy).



And, I managed to get these shots of the beach and boardwalk, which actually turned out very serene, considering the usual summer craziness was not present. 




And, here are the kids on their go-carts...we really did smash a ton of fun into 36 hours!  :-)



Looking forward to our trip in June to Stone Harbor...can't wait to take more beach shots of my babies!  

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS