Handprint Christmas Tree

This year I wanted to make a keepsake gift for the grandparents, because we welcomed our third (and, final) child into the world in September.  I don't know if I should admit this, but we gave the handprint ornaments a try (the ones that have been pinned like crazy).  Well, they didn't turn out...Max's (my 6 yr old) turned out too big and Avery's (the baby) dried out because she took a LONG nap before I was able to get her handprint.  Oh well...moving on.  I decided that the kids' hands would make a perfect tree, so we gave it a try.  

A while back I purchased a bundle of 8x10 canvas panels on Amazon and they were perfect for this project.  I got my acrylic paints out, two shades of green, some brown for the stump, red for the ornaments and yellow for the star and that's it!!  

I painted each kid's hand and pressed it on the canvas.  Max first, the biggest at the bottom, then Emma (a different green) in the middle overlapping Max's slightly, and finally Avery's little hand (this was tough with a 3-month old) at the top.  

I think they turned out really cute!



Linking here.

2 comments:

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

This is such a cute idea and makes such a special keepsake too! I'm over visiting from the Marvelously Messy link party.
~Kara (your newest google follower :)
www.petalstopicots.com

Unknown said...

beautiful print of your kid hands!!!

Light Trigger: visit us & leave a comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS