EASY Frame makeover

I saw these frames over the summer at Christmas Tree Shop for $1.99...but sailboats and lighthouses aren't really my style.  I just knew I could make them over somehow, so I bought three of them.


I am in the process of making over my master bedroom and I thought I could make a cute frame for one of my accessories.  I made this no sew accent pillow for the bed, so I thought maybe I could mimic the idea on a frame and use it on a nightstand.  I started with my scrapbook paper (I have gotten some mileage out of this paper, I just love it) I used for this clothespin wreath project.

I simply used mod podge to attach the paper to the frame.  Then I painted three more coats of the mod podge over it.  A pretty yellow rosette like the one on my pillow and it was done!

It couldn't get much easier than that!  Can't wait to get this room done...slow and steady!



6 comments:

Little Becky Homecky said...

This is so cute! I love the paper! It turned out so cute and is much better than the sail boats!;)

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Great buy! Wonderful redo! Love the little rosette!

Pitter and Glink said...

Great makeover! The frame looks 200 billion percent better! ;)

Dusti said...

just what some of my frames need. http://wanttogetcrafty@gmail.com

Pam said...

This is the easiest way of making your own cute frames. I made one and I love it.

Michelle@Crazy For Crafts said...

Such a great idea! I love the yellow rose! Found you at Laugh, Love, and Craft. Thanks for sharing!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS