A Nod To My Little Artists

With a Preschooler and a Kindergartener (who was a preschooler not too long ago), we are inundated with artwork...who's with me on this?  I love that they are fostering their artistic sides, but EVERYTHING comes home!  If they make two lines with a pencil on a sheet of paper, it is sent home and I look like a wicked witch if I throw anything away.  Believe me, the trashcan gets a workout after hours, when the kids are nestled, all snug in their beds.  BUT, there are still many, MANY pieces that I just couldn't bring myself to throw out...however, the problem of the ever-increasing pile 'o art remains.

Sooooo, I was watching the HGTV show with the Novigratz's (husband/wife design team) and they were designing a basement playroom and they printed this huge collage of the kids' artwork...yes, please!  I can SO do that...and, I did!  My kids even helped me sort.  :-)  I picked 12 pieces for each of my older kids.  Avery has a while til she starts her pile.  I decided I would print out one large poster-sized piece and hang it in my new office (still in progress).

Well, what do you think?  I happen to love it, especially since I scaled down the pile and the kids are cool with it, because there will be a whole wall dedicated to their masterpieces.  Believe me, I still have a ridiculous amount of paperwork that I will never toss, but I feel like I definitely accomplished something.



2 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Cute idea! And memories that will last forever!

Lisa Fliehman said...

Oh Erika, what a dilemma we Moms suffer through. I have boxes of my boys school work and they wonder why I keep it, one day they will know. I love what you did. So sweet!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS