There's A Party In My Tummy..

My daughter's 5th birthday is coming up and I am throwing her a candy shop birthday party.  I have been busy planning the big day for about 6 months now...cause that's how I roll.

I've got the invitations, the favors, the decorations, the gift...just needed to figure out what to do for refreshments, namely the cake, or in this case cupcakes.  I wanted to stick with the theme and found these Heath Bar Cupcakes in the Betty Crocker Big Book of Cupcakes.  I bought this book at Amazon recently.  You see I usually enlist my bff, Natalie over at A Turtle's Life For Me to make my birthday cakes and cupcakes.  She's phenomenal, but also very busy these days with two blogs, a part time job, PTO meetings, and the list goes on and on.  And, I have really wanted to try my hand at baking.  I am pretty good at following a recipe, so when I found these yummy creations, I just knew that I had the perfect party cupcake!  We are big Heath Bar fans in this house.  :-)

And, I should mention that while I love cupcakes, they are perhaps THE messiest snack food known to man.  So, when I saw this idea for a cake in a jar, I basically jumped for joy!  So, for the party, the group of girls will be enjoying their cupcake in a jar with a nice cool jar of lemonade...

So, here is the Betty Crocker heath bar cupcake recipe.  I have also attached the Big Book of Cupcakes at the bottom.  I can't wait to bake more cupcakes!!

Here they are going in the oven...


And coming out of the oven...the center will sink a bit while cooling.


The whole family gives these two enthusiastic thumbs up! The recipe makes 18 cupcakes, so we shared them with our neighbors, because it would be very dangerous to keep 18 of these in our home!  :)

Happy Hump Day!


:) Erika

Linking Up!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sweet and thoughtful to not want to add more to my list! I didn't know that's why you were doing them! And see, you don't even need me! They look and taste fabulous!

very merry vintage style said...

Oh my... these look fabulous! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS