Found these three glass jars at my favorite place, the thrift store. The two taller ones were $1.50/each, the smaller, $0.75! Naturally, they were coming home with me. The tall ones were screaming for long strands of spaghetti, fettuccine, linguini, etc. Wasn't sure about the smaller one. I didn't want to break up the trio, because the family looked so happy together. So, I decided I would let the little one house the macaroni! :-)
First, I thoroughly cleaned the jars. Then, I filled them and let them spend some time on my buffet. I decided they looked too naked, so I borrowed a friend's chalk board paint (which, by the way was nine years old, never used...it does not go bad). I taped off a small area on each one...the staggering is on purpose, didn't want the tall ones to match up.
I used three coats of the chalk board paint, making sure to wait the appropriate four hours between coats.
When I peeled the tape off, I had some bleeding, but I was able to easily scrape it off the glass with a toothpick and make clean lines. After waiting another day to make sure it dried fully, I gave them their proper names and I think they make a beautiful family! :-)